Best Stocks For Kids And Teens To Invest in 2022
2021 and 2020 have been really interesting years if you didn’t notice. Believe it or not, it’s been an even wilder year in stocks, with new innovative companies such as Tesla and SpaceX.
- 🚘Tesla (TSLA): Tesla has innovated tremendously throughout the past few years, especially in battery technology. Unfortunately, their incredible innovation has been met with some setbacks: the supply chain hasn’t been doing well, and Tesla has been struggling to make more cars. I’m not sure about whether Tesla is a good stock for kids to invest in 2022.
- 🚘Rivian (RIVN): 2021 has been a great year for electric vehicle stocks. Rivian did an IPO in November 2021, and by the end of the day, the market cap was almost 125 billion dollars. However, you’ve probably never heard of anyone owning a Rivian, so what’s the deal? Rivian has never delivered a car. Not even one. Rivian is worth 45 billion dollars more than GM (General Motors), and General Motors delivered 6.8 million cars in 2020. Personally (not investment advice), I think that Rivian isn’t one of the good stocks for kids and teens to invest in 2022 because its overvalued.
- 🚀SpaceX: SpaceX was founded by Elon Musk, just like Tesla. In September 2021, SpaceX did their first all non-astronaut spaceflight, and went higher than the ISS (international space station)! SpaceX is developing its Starship rockets and is planning to launch an uncrewed mission to Mars in 2024. They also signed a contract with NASA to send astronauts to the moon on the first manned flight to the moon since 1972. This stock isn’t publicly traded, so it isn’t a good investment for kids and teens to invest in 2022 because its not publicly traded.
- 🚀Blue Origins: Billionaire Jeff Bezos founded Blue Origins with the goal of “building a road to space so our children can build the future”. Blue origins completed three human tourist space flights in 2021 and brought the oldest man to space. Blue Origin is also partnering with some other space companies to launch Orbital Reef, which will be “a mixed-use business park”. This stock isn’t publicly traded, so it isn’t a good investment for kids and teens to invest in 2022 because its not publicly traded.
- ✈️🚘Joby Aviation (JOBY): Joby Aviation is an electric plane ridesharing company. Its a new company, so it probably isn’t a great stock for kids and teens to invest in. So far, they’ve only built prototypes of their planes, but have partnered with Uber (UBER) to integrate with the Uber app. Toyota invested in them, and they’re now working on building big factories to make their planes.